Brain Train America uses Fast ForWord to help brain training clients boost performance across all areas of study, particularly reading and language.
It all starts with the brain. With help, students can strengthen foundational learning pathways in the brain, dramatically increasing their capacity to learn. Fast ForWord can quickly transform clients into better learners across all areas of study - learners who can absorb information faster, pay closer attention and remember more of what they are taught. That’s because Fast ForWord develops not only reading and language skills, but also the cognitive skills of memory, attention, processing, and sequencing that are key to learning. No other program develops all of these skills at the same time!
Designed by renowned neuroscientists with over 30 years of research to support it, and with more than 80 patents in the US and abroad, Fast ForWord has helped many learners improve their language and reading by up to two grade levels in as little as three months. More than 250 research studies have shown that these gains endure over time.
By investing as little as 30 minutes a day, five days a week, Fast ForWord can quickly improve the brain’s ability to attend, process, comprehend, and retain information - regardless of the subject.
With its three-step intervention model, Fast ForWord:
- Prepares the brain for reading by improving the language and cognitive skills that are weak in struggling students — memory, attention, processing speed, and sequencing (MAPS).
- With Fast ForWord, brain training clients receive personalized, intensive practice on a wide variety of language and reading skills. Intensity is the key to getting far better results, fast!
- Using speech verification technology, Fast ForWord listens to students as they read aloud and provides corrective guided reading feedback to help reinforce new language and reading skills and rapidly build fluency and comprehension.
How does Fast ForWord work in brain training?
- Users are evaluated to ensure they start at the appropriate level.
- After logging into the Scientific Learning website (or opening the app on an iPad), up to four activities are available for that session.
- Clients progress through fun activities and colorful computer games, which typically last for a total of 30 minutes per session.
- When the session is complete, the user will log off until the next session. Training adapts and proceeds based on the progress the client shows in mastering the skills.
For more information, visit Fast ForWord.